Sunday, June 14, 2009

EA Sport Active & Fitness June 09 Bikini Body Workout D6

Today I did the Footstock 10k in Cochrane with my walking group.  It was a lot of fun and we finished in under 1.5 hours!  It was a fun race - the course was really pretty - right along the river and the weather could not have been nicer.  The best part though, had to be the pancake breakfast that was included in the run!!  Mmm, it was good.  It's the only time I eat pancakes and boy did I enjoy every bite.

We stayed in Cochrane for the afternoon and shopped.  I hate, hate, hate shopping.  My feet were killing me by the end of the day.  We did stop at a nice place for lunch - a hotel with a saloon type thing attached.  I had a hamburger and it was really, really good.  So was the side salad.... although I suspect the fries would have been fabulous!  HAHA

Last night hubby & I watched Gran Torino.  OMG.  I loved the show, but boy, oh boy, did I cry!  I will be buying that next payday for sure.

Here is a picture of me from the half marathon that I walked.  We ran across the finish line....



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:03 AM

    GREAT time on the race! And I agree Gran Torino was a great movie...I just watched it the other day with one of my sisters. I wasn't expecting the ending at all.

    So what have you been reading lately? I know we have similar taste in books and TV. I am SO in need of a new author. I've started re-reading which I love to do, but is usually a sure sign that I don't have anything new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Great job on the 10k!!
    They serve pancakes at the race? lol hmmmm pancakes.... Nice picture :)

    ReplyDelete