Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Husband's Great Words of Wisdom

So, I'm getting dressed this morning and husband says "mmm, you look good". So, I say thank you, cause I'm practising not immediately pointing out flaws that he has missed. Then I say, you know, every time I get to this weight I panic and gain it all back. You know what he says to me?

Wait for it.......

"Well, don't do that"

To him, it just that easy.

In other news, I had my stroke improvement class. Some of you will recall I did this class once before. The teacher kinda remembered me. Then she watched me swim a length and said "oh, ya, I remember you!". I guess my stroke is memorable - haha. It was a good class and I did what felt like many lengths.

It was really nice out, so I did a 5.5k walk with the puppy. He's getting really good at walking - he only went nuts barking at people, dogs twice. We stopped to visit with gorgeous 10 month old Wheaton Terrier. It was fun. He makes me smile every day. My little buddy. We still made good time with our walk considering we had to pick up our "litter" and visit with the dog.

So, new WW week for me. Can't decide if I should keep with the orange pen or switch it up... How does one make such tough decisions???? Anyone have an opinion???

Have a healthy day bloggers!!!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, if only it were actually that easy huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose for some people it IS that easy. I know it's not that easy. But...that being said, try not to focus on the weight so much. Congrats on the stroke class! That's cute about the instructor remembering you!! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm horrible at receiving compliments even if i KNOW that i deserve them (because of how hard i've been working at it)... it's just SO easy to say "oh i haven't lost that much" or "i hide it well"... i really need to work on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally hear you on the "well, don't do that" comment. If it were that easy, we'd all be thin and have zero eating issues at all, because everyone knows what they SHOULD be doing (well, after a little nutrition education they do, anyway).

    My mom said the same thing to me a few weeks ago and it was immediately clear that she just had ZERO clue what I was going through.

    Frustrating, isn't it? :( I'm sure your husband meant well though.

    ReplyDelete