Thursday, January 08, 2009

I am frustrated! (Go Team Lynn)

Where to start. At the beginning, I suppose.

Daughter informed me this morning that she lost her wallet yesterday on the bus. It had her band new bus pass (used ONE DAY), her bank card, school id and oh, she figures around $200 of her Christmas $$. I am mad that she lost it, mad that she thought it was ok to go to friggen school with that much $$ in her purse (seriously!) and mad that I had only purchased her stupid bus pass the day before. F*CK!! Not to mention that she had her old bus passes that I had asked her to hand in 5 times - so we are out the rebate now also. We so don't have the $$ for this right now.

Program going well. Not out of flex points yet - and to be quite frank - that is pretty good compared to previous weeks.

I did my 6.5k run this morning on the treadmill at the club (4 miles for those not on the metric system). While I was working on my trouble spots, I had trouble hearing my audio book because there were so many people in there chatting. Holy noodle. It was like coffee time at Tim Horton. I just wanted to scream "shut up" - but that could have been left over tantrum-ness from daughter's lost wallet.

Oh, I do have a bit of fun news. My club is running the "I Lost It at the Club" competition again. They have changed it up this year. This year it is about getting steps in every day. We are charged $12 per month for 3 months. We get a ton of free classes for the 3 months, a free pedometer, a free plate sectioned out for veggies, carb & protein, weigh in and measure, weigh out and measure, a binder of information, nutritional seminars, discounts on personal trainers and I think a discount at the fitness store at our club. What a screaming deal, right? I signed up online as soon as I got home. I can't wait to get the plate!

Well, I'm off to get a second Tim's coffee. After my daughter losing so much $$ I really need one. It is that or a bottle of vodka ;-).....mmm, that's not a bad idea....no, no....Tim's....I'm off to get a Tim's. I had a low point lunch (avocado rolls) so that I can afford it (pts wise). I have to take out a mortgage to pay for it now, cause I need to buy more bus tickets.....but I digress!

Have a healthy day bloggers!

9 comments:

  1. ugh, sorry to hear about your daughter's wallet... perhaps a good samaritan will turn it in? you never know... enjoy your coffee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmigoodness!!! that is terrible! I agree, I hope that someone finds it and turns it in!! T least recover SOME of the losses...
    I HATE losing things!!!

    Hmm...the vodka sounds tempting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:43 PM

    I am so sorry about your daughter's wallet. That really sucks. I feel bad she lost her Christmas money too:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. that stinks about your daughters wallet - what a hassel that is going to be getting everything replaced, not to mention the $ that you are out.
    Good for you staying OP on such a rotten day.
    And that deal at your gym sounds fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great run!!

    Boy, do I ever remember those exciting times of raising my girls. They never lost anything worth quite that much, though. I'm so sorry for her and you. Now she won't have any Christmas money to buy cool stuff. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool deal at your club!

    Sorry to hear about your daughter's wallet. That really sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow... kids are so irresponsible.;.. hopefully this will be a one-time-learned-my-lesson thing! congrats on your run!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say it warrants the vodka!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you club sounds fantastic. You lucky girl! :)

    ReplyDelete