My thoughts are as follows:
- I don't know why, but I was very angry when they showed Helen walking into the gym, and she has been so successful on the ranch, and her daughter was still so heavy. Don't get me wrong - I thought she looked like she had been working hard, but it irked me to no end that the mom was essentially done because of what I perceive is her own selfishness, while the daughter still had a long road ahead.
- I also noticed that the other thing that irks me to no end is that Helen seems boastful. And insincere, all at the same time.
- I was really, really impressed with them doing the marathon. I thought Tara's & Helen's times were awesome and even though I can't stand Ron - I was crying when he finished the race. What determination. The guy is falling apart and he walked a friggen marathon! Wow.
- I thought it was fun to see the past show contestants during the marathon. Ali has one rocking body! Holy noodle! And that Michelle - what a pretty girl she is. Anyhow, they all looked happy and healthy. I would love for them to do a whole special on past contestants. Instead of the dumb ass fillers they give us during the season, they should give us clips of life after the ranch. You know, actual reality.
- It was refreshing to see the contestants lose a "normal-ish" amount of weight at home. I think Tara is an eating disorder waiting to happen. From over eating to over exercising. At one point she said to someone, "I'm happy now" and my husband looked over and said "she seems like she is everything BUT happy to me". I think he is right. You might be able to change some habits in 17 weeks, but not the underlying problem.
There you go, all of my thoughts.... except....
How wrong is it to me that it bugged me that one of the contestants now weighs less than me? Actually, what bugs me, if I'm honest - and I might as well be - what bugs me is that if I made even a half hearted attempt to stick to my eating plan, this wouldn't be the case. I guess more than bugged I'm disappointed. In me. AGAIN. Ugh.
I've been sick and so haven't exercised (except for walking the dog for 5k every day, at a leisurely pace) it was a week Monday. This morning I woke up and the bug is done. I feel now like I can expand my lungs and so will start exercising again. I'm glad, because I quite missed it. I so wish you could get a rush of endorphins from sticking to your eating plan. Then I would never go off! ;-)
I'm making sticky chicken thighs for dinner tonight, with broccoli and I'm going to try the sweet potato fries that Cowgirl posted about.
Not much else on the go..... have a healthy day bloggers!