Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Beach-Ready Plan May 2009 Shape Magazine D3, W1

Today was a weight and cardio day.

I woke up starving.  Had a trail mix & fruit granola bar on the way to the club with my coffee and thought that would get me through the workout.  Not so much.  I had to stop after I did the weights - will have to go back up to the gym to do the cardio portion, or will run with dog - haven't decided.  

Today's workout was to do the 3 sets of the moves, using a lighter weight but doing more reps per set.  I did the following:

Grapevine Lunge - 3 sets of 20 using a 10 lb weight
Sumo Squat - 3 sets of 20 using a 10 lb weight
Bench Row - 3 sets of 20 using a 10 lb weight
Triceps Push-ups - 3 sets of 20 (modified)
Curl Press - 3 sets of 20 using 5 lb weights and the stronger tubing around my legs
Ball Circle - 3 sets of 20
Ball Pike - 3 sets of 12, 8 & 14 - didn't make it to 20 once!
Leg Lifts - 3 sets of 20

I woke up very sore this morning (especially my abs & inner thighs).  The thought of having to work out was... well... not pleasant.  Oddly, I feel slimmer, but that is because my muscles are so sore and all tensed up!  ;-)

I finally figured out the grapevine move after much musing and practice and confers with husband.  Now that I have it down, it's actually quite straight forward.  The Ball Circles really, really hurt my wrists.  I figured out a modification though this morning.  I moved the plank position to my forearms on the fitness ball and did the circles from there.  I not only relieved my wrists, but I was able to get right into plank and do the move in a much more controlled fashion.  The Ball Pikes continue to be a thorn in my side - but I will conquer them!!

With the added reps, and being diligent about taking the 45 second rest between sets, it took a whole 60 minutes to do the routine.  I was hungry and tired.  I was going to hop on the elliptical anyhow, but I really want to make sure I do the cardio at the proper intensity, so I decided to come home and eat.  

I'm sore already from the weights, and expect to be fully incapacitated by the end of the day!!

Just to keep you all posted on the eating front, which, let's face it - if I don't keep on plan, this program doesn't stand a chance!

I'm a WW, so

Monday - 22 pts target, 10 flex, 8 AP earned
Tuesday - 22 pts target, 1 flex, 4 AP earned

I'm off for my walk with the dog - it actually snowed and rained yesterday so we didn't get out and he is now climbing the walls!!

Have a healthy day bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment