Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Beach-Ready Plan May 2009 Shape Magazine D3, W2

Today is a weights and cardio day.  And I goofed.  I forgot that on day 2 of the weights, I'm supposed to lower my weights and do more reps.  I will just do it on Friday.  Oh, well!

I went to the Club right after dropping daughter at school.

I did the following for weights:
Grapevine Lunge - 3 sets of 12 using 17.5 lb weight
Sumo Squat - 3 sets of 12 using 17.5 lb weight
Bench Row - 3 sets of 12 using 15 lb weight
Triceps Push-Ups - 3 sets of 12
Curl Press - 3 sets of 12 using 8 lb weights
Ball Circle - 3 sets of 12
Ball Pike - 3 sets of 12
Leg Lifts - 3 sets of 12

I lowered my weight doing the lunges & squats, because I think that I had tried to go too high earlier this week, and that is why my leg hurt.  My leg actually felt much better after the cycling, and it still feels good now after this workout, so I'm pretty sure I made the right choice.  The workout took me 55 minutes today, taking my 45 second break in between sets.

Cardio was cycling for 30 minutes.  I didn't go numb today, although my ass is still smarting!!  Also planned is a walk with the pup up on the hill later this afternoon.  I have to drop daughter at Club after school for a massage, so I thought I would bring the puppy and just walk from club.  He will be especially happy with that I think - he really, really likes being out and Nose Hill has all the deer and other animals - so lots of new smells for him!!  In any case, by the end of the day I will have another 1/2 hour knocked off my cycling and an hour off my walking for the challenge!

Not much else on the go.  Lamb chops for husband & daughter for dinner tonight.  I'm going to bbq them, so the smell isn't in the house.  I will just have some beans or something.  I don't care for lamb.  

My sleeping patterns are really screwed up these days.  I should be sleeping like a rock, with all this exercise, but....  One of my friends told me that I'm likely starting menopause.  How mean!  HAHA

Oh!!!!!

My walking group is doing this as a girls weekend:


I'm quite excited!!

Have a healthy day bloggers!!


No comments:

Post a Comment