Sunday, May 24, 2009

Beach-Ready Plan May 2009 Shape Magazine D6 & D7, W2

Per the Shape plan, these are rest days.  My focus on these days is just to be "active".  

Saturday husband was up at an un-godly hour to go golfing.  Once he was home we had some errands to do.  We had to return the ipod holder that I purchased that doesn't fit my generation of nano!  This is how much Apple rocks - I was a apparently past the return date and they took it back anyhow!  I LOVE APPLE. 

After that, of course, husband had to make an impulse purchase at Lullulemon - he purchased two pairs of shorts.  How weird is it that we went in there, and he walked out with the goods?  I would complain, BUT

Our next stop was Best Buy where I impulse purchased the new EA Sport Active for the Wii.  I tried it a bit last night, but I didn't have my running shoes on, or a sports bra... so I will do more tonight.  What I like about it right away is that it has a workout that flows, compared to the Wii Fit where you have to go in and pick exercise after exercise.  You can totally customize it, but I'm still figuring the game out.  

I ended the day by taking the pup for a walk for an hour.... at 8:30 in the evening, in the middle of a good movie.  I realized I hadn't been "active" (using the charge card doesn't count!) so I got husband to stop the show while I walked the dog.

Sunday was a fun day.  Daughter had to work at the Club, so while she was doing that, husband & I took the puppy up on Nose Hill for a big explore, where husband took him OFF LEASH!  He was so happy and was very good about coming back to us.  We walked for an hour and it was so nice out.  I noticed as we went up the first hill that I better start doing hills before that 21k hike up Burgess Shale or that will be my final resting place, cause I will die.

We went to a bbq at the parents' house of one of my daughter's friends.  It was a lot of fun.  She served beef on a bun, which is a spectacular idea, with cabbage salad (OMG I just loved it - the kind with the dried noodles in it, very Asian tasting).  

Over all, a fun and "active" two days!

Have a healthy day bloggers!!

1 comment:

  1. I have that Shape magazine. I need to check out about the rest days. That's the hardest thing for me. Although with my cat bite, it's being forced on me, and it's really hard. Never thought I'd say this but I miss working out.

    Sounds like you had a very fun and "active" weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete