Saturday, May 16, 2009

Beach-Ready Plan May 2009 Shape Magazine D5, W1

Today was a weights and cardio day.

Weights took 50 minutes.  I did 3 sets of 12 with 45 second rests in between each set.  Where weights were used, I increased them all, because I had chosen too light on Monday.  So, what I did was:

Grapevine Lunge:  3 sets of 12 using 1 - 20 lbs
Sumo Squat:  3 sets of 12 using 1 - 20 lbs
Bench Row:  3 sets of 12 using 1 - 15 lbs
Triceps Push-ups:  3 sets of 12
Curl Press:  3 sets of 12 using 8 lbs
Ball Circles:  3 sets of 12
Ball Pike:  3 sets of 12
Leg Lifts:  3 sets of 12

I was shaking by the time I was done the routine.  I was also starving, so I didn't do my cardio right away.  I went home, had some lunch, and when I dropped daughter at the club for work, I went back up to the gym and did the Elliptical.  I did the 30 minute pre-programmed interval workout.  Today though, on the easy resistance intervals, I stepped backwards and then when the resistance went up, I stepped forward.  Just trying to keep from getting bored.  I don't actually know or think that going backward does anything except make you think!   HAHA!

When I got home from that, I put my iPod on right away and did my dog walk sans dog (he was at daycare cause I had a busy day yesterday).  I made really good time without him taking sniff breaks!

Unfortunately, all my hard work may have been for not - I went out for dinner.  I'm still point calculating points (I have to get up to get my food/points book, and I've just been too lazy to do it yet!!)  In any case, I will update where I set with my points in my next post.

Hotch had a good point regarding activity points calculation, so I have yet again re-calculated my AP.  I have also been using the "net calories" burned, so I'm quite comfortable if I eat all my AP this week.

Not much else to report, other than to tell you that daughter has agreed to video me doing some moves.  I will make Sunday my move review day.  

In the mean time though, I had a question about triceps push-ups.  Here is the verbage from the magazine:

"Get in push-up position on hands and toes (I'm on my knees).  Keeping arms close to sides, lower chest toward ground so elbows are near your waist.  Press up and repeat."

Hmmmm, what else.  Eh, I got nothing!  Have a healthy day bloggers!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:21 PM

    Thanks! Sounds like they are regular push-ups but with your arms close to your sides instead of out at an angle.

    You are rocking the exercise, BTW. Even walking imaginary dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you are so motivated! i would never go back to the gym after leaving. i am so impressed with your dedication.

    ReplyDelete