Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Beach-Ready Plan May 2009 Shape Magazine D1, W2

Today is a special day.  Not only did I start week 2 on the Shape Magazine program, but the triathlon challenge at my club started.  I thought this would make things more difficult, but actually, it hasn't.

Today was a weights & cardio day.  

I did the following for weights:
Grapevine Lunge - 3 sets of 12 using 20lb weight
Sumo Squat - 2 sets of 12 using 20lb weight and one set of 6 (explanation below)
Bench Row - 3 sets of 12 using 15lb weight
Triceps Push-Ups - 3 sets of 12
Curl Press - 3 sets of 12 using 8lb weights
Ball Circles - 3 sets of 12
Ball Pike - 3 sets of 12
Leg Lifts - 3 sets of 12 

I had to stop the Sumo Squats because I pulled my IT band/muscle doing the Grapevine Lunges and I just couldn't take the pain any more.  In the end, actually, I think I just strained it a bit, but I thought it best to err on the side of caution.

My cardio consisted of an almost 7k walk with my walking group.  In the snow/rain/mist/fog.  Fuck - was I wet when I got back.  Ugh.  

Our group then, after our walk, made a rag afghan for a cabin-warming gift for a friend.  We were done and eating lunch by 12:30 - and the afghan looks GREAT.  I've never done anything like that - it was fun, and what a sense of accomplishment when we were done.  So pretty.

The best part was my walk with the group knocked 1 hour off my challenge!  Ya baby!

Considering it was a holiday, I figured the Club would be EMPTY.  Nope, it was likely the busiest I've ever seen it.  All the university kids are home now for the summer and they are all up there getting buff.  It made it so hot in there.  Blech.  But, I was pretty proud of myself.  Normally I would have been very shy with all those 20 somethings running around, but you know what?  I actually didn't give it a thought at all, until husband remarked on it later in the evening.  Yay me!!

Well, that's about all I have - except to note that I fell into a bag of black licorice. Mmm, one of my fav's.  

Have a healthy day bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment