Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Beach-Ready Plan May 2009 Shape Magazine D2, W1

Here we are, the day after the day before.  

I woke up this morning feeling my workout yesterday.  My inner thighs, my abs (down along the sides of my stomach as well as my lower abs), my shoulders, my upper arms and my back - all workout sore this morning.  What a nice feeling - I actually haven't felt that in a long, long time.  Given how many parts are sore, I'd have to say that I think this is definitely a full body workout.

HotchPotchery asked if I was doing this at home - no - I'll be going up to the gym.  Very little equipment is required, but I'm on a personal mission to get myself comfortable up there, so....

One bit of feed back I have is that I found some of the moves very hard on my wrists.  I tend to tender there anyhow, but the Triceps Push-ups and the Ball Pike were both hard on my wrists.  My wrists were sore already last night.  I fully expect them to toughen up, but... anyone who has actual wrist issues might want to look for an alternate move.

Today is just a cardio day, so I went to the gym this morning and hopped on the Elliptical again.  This time I chose the Interval pre-set program for 30 minutes (and then a 5 minute cool down).  I think I will do this program from now on, as it has more intervals in it (2 minutes of easy resistance, followed by two minutes of hard resistance, on and on).  I did the various intervals in increasing intensities (every couple of intervals, aside from the resistance changing, I would try to up my RPM's).  I was dripping by the time the program was done.  I also did almost 800 strides more than yesterday.  Yay me!

I took my measurements today - just my waist and hips.  36 & 42 respectively.  I measured my waist up by my belly ring, so that I will remember where I was when I measure again at the end.  

My club is running their annual Triathlon competition again this year.  I signed up for the middle intensity.  It only cost $5 and they have nice prizes that you get entered in for if you complete the challenge.  YOU DO NOT ACTUALLY HAVE TO DO A TRIATHLON, SO NO "WAY TO GO'S" FOR ME!!

What is required for the level that I signed up for is:  4 hours of rowing or swimming, 6 hours of walking or running and 8 hours of cycling from May 18 to June sometime.... the competition runs around a month.  I like this competition because they put up a big board with your name and squares representing all the hours that you have to do, and you get to fill in the squares as you complete the time.  I am all about putting up stickers or filling in squares.  I just love competitions like this!!  Last year was a hoot - and it got me doing stuff I would never normally do (yes, rowing/cycling never make it into my repertoire!)  We are not allowed to clock more than 2 hours a day for the competition, nor are we allowed to do more than two activities in a day.  This is to keep people exercising in a safe manner.  I would NEVER be in any danger of exercising more than two hours!!  HAHA

I ended up going for an impromptu lunch today with some friends from the Club.  I ordered a garden salad with grilled chicken.  It was so friggen good.  The chicken had jerk-style spices on it and it was a whole chicken breast (well, half a breast, but you know what I mean).  I had my ranch dressing on the side and used the WW trick of putting fork in dressing and then picking up food.  It is shocking how little you use that way.  Anyhow, I topped it off with a club soda with a lime wedge and I left STUFFED.  

Good Lord - this post is long.  Sorry for babbling!!

Have a healthy day bloggers!!

1 comment:

  1. The triathlon competition sounds really cool. Totally something I would sign up for if they offered anything like that around here. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete