Tuesday, May 29, 2007

General Musings

Well, I'm back from the weekend. We were away visiting husband's parents. Didn't make it through the weekend even close to on program. All things considered, we had a good visit. Husband's parents can be trying. Got out golfing for the first time this season and I did pretty well. I pick up my ball after two puts and sit out a hole here and there, but for the holes I played, I was happy.

Didn't get back on program until today. I'm going grocery shopping in 5 minutes - we are out of everything! I did go for a 5.4k walk yesterday (I did it in just over 56 minutes). I downloaded the last Harry Potter book onto my iPod last night. Need to refresh myself before the last book, and the reader for that book is GREAT! Easy walk when you're listening to something you enjoy. It was kinda expensive though. But, what the heck. I'm worth it! HA!

I had to work yesterday. I'm going to be trying really hard to get this job done so I can be done. Except for one gal in the group I'm working with, I don't really enjoy the ladies. And the one gal I do enjoy - works heads down as I try to, so I don't get to chat with her at all. In the mean time though, it is nice to have the extra $$ (hence the big splurge on Harry Potter!).

So, no more Rosie on the View.....I'm sad, because I am a Rosie fan. I enjoy the other ladies also though, so I will continue to watch....although, Barbara Walters I find painful - personally, I think she is too senile to be on a talk show. She has trouble getting her sentences out. I didn't realise yesterday was a holiday in the States, so I'm happy that I didn't miss the show where they address Rosie leaving. It is always interesting to hear how they spin things.

Ok, Barbara just finished her spin. She did good.

Well, I have my bowling wrap up lunch today and then our playoff bowling game. Kinda glad that's over - 5 pin bowling isn't really for me. It was fun to visit with the ladies, but I won't be joining it again. Glad I tried it though.

Ugh - I have lots of running around to do before my lunch. Guess I'd better get at it.

Have a healthy day bloggers!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been busy busy busy! Don't get frustrated about falling off the wagn, I sound like a broken record but today is a new day! Hope you have a GREAT OP day today!!
    Great job on the walking...I NEED to get soe of those books, it would make walking delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job on the walk! Your right, it's so much easier to walk when you have something you like to listen too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you had a good visit, and it's good to hear that you are back on track.

    ReplyDelete