Monday, July 07, 2008

So, how many times do you have to.....

post about "this time I'm going to...." before it finally takes????

I have much to say about a whole bunch of things.

First off. I have not been on plan. Since I started writing in my new 3 month weight watchers journal I have felt off. Of course, I didn't actually fall off plan until Saturday. But I have felt off plan since Thursday. It just never ceases to amaze me that this is such a mind game for me. So, Saturday I go over by 6 points. I should be able to manage this. Really, I can just create a defecit of 6 points before Wednesday and all will be ok. Yesterday, well, I haven't figured out yet how many I went over by. But I'm thinking...maybe 10. Now I'm over and there is no hope of making things right before the end of my WW week.

Of course, this leads to all kinds of negative feelings. What changed? I was really doing well, and now....

Last night I think I figured it out, as I lay there, completely unable to fall asleep because I couldn't stop thinking. Do you remember me mentioning that all of my challenges ended? I think that made me feel relatively inactive, which made me feel like a blob, which lead to overeating.

Luckily, today I started my weight training class, and then I did 20 minutes on the bike. I'm hoping that will have the desired effect on my head and this madness will be over.

The other thing that I think was affecting my weight loss (or gain, I'm sure in this case) was that I was so very close to my goal. For almost 16 years I've been someone that wanted to lose weight. I don't know how to be someone who is happy with them self. Nothing like a little self-sabotage to fix that!

In more positive and exciting news - I had my 10k race this weekend. What a fun event. In the end I walked it with my walking group. I'm very happy with my time. It only took me 15 minutes longer to walk the 10k than the last time I ran one!

It is such an exciting event because there are marathon run/walk, half marathon run/walk, 10k run/walk all going on at the same time. It is very exciting when the marathoner's pass you on the course. You can't help but clap them by!

After our walk we went for brunch. Mmmm, I didn't make the best choices. Stayed away from the veggies altogether. Dumb ass.

We cooked a roast beef last night on our new BBQ using the rotisserie. Yum. It turned out great. I served it with tossed salad and corn on the cob. Easy on points. Needed that after my brunch.

Tonight I'm going to cook one of those marinated pork tenderloins from Costco. Can't wait. More tossed salad and some basmati rice.

Yesterday my baby sister called (she is getting married in October) to tell us that they are having a baby at the end of December. My mom didn't react as well as I would have liked. I think because she was so shocked. In any case, I felt bad for sister, because that is the kind of news that you expect gushing about. Instead my sister said to my mom "we are expecting" and my mom said "expecting what?". Sheesh (and huge eye roll). I'm happy for her - they were getting married anyhow and that would have been the next step. And while she is my baby sister, she is hardly a baby. 27. Certainly old enough to be a mom.

OK. On my way to a healthy day. I've typed it, so it must be true. To all the bloggers who are doing well on program that I'm jealous of....and you know who you are....I'm jealous in the very best way. I'm happy that you've found your groove and I will be looking to imitate you today!!

Have a healthy day!

9 comments:

  1. Well, congratulations, Auntie! Sometimes we don't do things in the "right" order, but they still get done anyhow. Best wishes! As far as YOU...well, I love how you are able to zero in on what's up, and make plans to change what needs to be changed. Goooooo, FATINAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been feeling exactly as you have!!! So close to goal, but self sabatoging myself out of it. Well we can get there, we've already come so far. No giving up.

    And congrats to your sister!!! That is very exciting news for her and her hubby to be. I hope that your mom comes around - I'm sure she will.

    And I'm glad you had fun at your race. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting for your sister! I got married in October! it's a great time of the year to get married!

    Here's to you and your healthy day! You said it here, so make it true! :)


    pssstttt....you can totally do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean about learning to be happy with yourself. I think its one of the reasons as I get closer to goal I have less motivation to exercise and do things right...its almost like...what do I do now?

    Well I've taken a new lease on running. I've never been a runner, in fact, I've always stated I was the opposite of a runner! But I've decided to run in my first 5k, so I have something to train towards! Maybe you need a similar goal?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have only had 2 days off track, and you've called yourself on it, so it's back on the train for you! I'd be willing to bet that with all of your activity and some healthy eating today and tomorrow, you won't see a gain. Drink your water and get some extra cardio in. You can do it!

    Congrats to you Auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw lady, don't be so hard on yourself! You call it self-sabotage, but really, you might need a breather? Anyway, I'm proud of you with all your activities and challenges. I always think, whenever I come and visit you, that you must have the best-looking arteries in the WORLD!

    You get right back on that wagon, come on now, right next to me...there you go! Have a great and healthy day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the advice on my post. I don't know what I'd do without you and the others to keep me going. I was really ready to give up and quit. But then I remember that I have pals like you and that keeps me going.

    Congrats on the 10k!!

    Sure hope your mind is in the right place now and you are heading toward your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the 10K! That's awesome.

    Also, I'm glad you're excited about the baby. I guess you're going to be the one who has to step up and do the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your 10k! And on your sister's pregnancy.

    And 10 points over isn't that much. Not enough to gain a pound even.

    ReplyDelete