Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Measurement Results

I mentioned the other day that I had an appt with personal trainer to get my body composition done - as part of the class I take 3 mornings a week. I also mentioned that I wouldn't get a % of fat, but be put in a zone.


The zones are:


*Needs Improvement: your body composition falls within a range that is generally associated with considerable health risk


*Fair: your body composition falls within a range that is generally associated with some health risk


*Good: your body composition falls within a range that is generally associated with many health benefits


*Very Good: your body composition falls within a range that is generally associated with considerable health benefits


*Excellent: your body composition falls within a range that is generally associated with optimal health benefits.


Well, I'm happy to report that I fell into the VERY GOOD category! Yay me!! The down side to this is that trainer said it is very hard to move from Very Good to Excellent. I will try though.


Other stats: since January I've lost 16 lbs AND almost 10 inches.

The lamb, pork and rice dinner I served last night was a hit. I had planned on tacos, but couldn't go to the grocery store to get the ingredients, and so I had to just go with what I had in the house. My mom then told me she hated tacos. I said why didn't you tell me when I said that is what I would be making. She said, well, that would be rude and I thought you knew. I said well, um, if you never tell me when I serve it, how would I ever know? Sheesh!!! Anyhow - my mom had never had lamb and she liked it. Turns out I can't even stand the smell of it cooking, BUT daughter just loves it, so I'm happy to hold my breath!

On the agenda today....golf. Husband & I are going with another couple. I expect it will be a fun day. I have to take the dog for a walk this morning before I go because he will be in his kennel for quite a while today. Don't worry - I keep lots of water and toys in there for him.

Daughter is getting the top of her ear pierced today. Yuk. I couldn't do that.

Sounds like daughter is awake. I should get going with my day. Have a healthy one bloggers!!

8 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Good job by you! I would be happy with a Very Good and 16 pound weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if ANYONE can move from "very good" to "excellent," it's going to be you, FATINAH! Big hugs on the MAJOR loss since January! Super job! Ick, couldn't do the whole top of the ear thing, either...she's brave. Or young...ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S Gal!

    You are the mostest!!

    Hope you enjoy the golfing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good is VERY GREAT! Congrats! I have no doubt you'll move up to excellent!

    Oh, and how can anyone hate tacos? I love tacos! I guess you can't trust my opinion though, because I don't like pork or lamb. Glad the fam was happy with dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are very pround of yourself!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow look at you go! Your rockin it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:50 PM

    Great job!! I can't wait to get into the Very Good category!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome job!! That is great news. 10 inches is freaking fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete