Thursday, April 12, 2007

Turning up the Resistance

I did the bike today, and decided to use some resistance, as recommended in the Sparkpeople article.

Holy shit. I cannot believe the difference it made in the ride. I just chose the first pre-programmed hill profile. Yikes. I just about gave up after 16 minutes. Then I thought about updating Sparkpeople, and how I would be short of calories expended on exercise, and I kept going. I think I did the profile 5 or 6 times in the end. In any case, that brought me to 33 minutes. Since I still have some resistance training to do today and an hour of belly dance, I thought that was good enough. Plus, my legs were spent.

I finally went for my massage today. That was a workout in itself. I wonder if you can burn calories trying to relax while someone tortures you for an hour? My back and neck feel so much better. Unfortunately, the release I get from a massage usually results in a headache, which means I have had a really bad one for 5 days now. Shitters.

Well, I have to get going on supper. We are just having left overs. Last night I made honey mustard chicken in the crock pot. The recipe called for 1/4 cup of butter, which I left out and used 1/4 cup chicken broth instead. It was finger licking good!!!! The other ingredients were 1/2 cup honey & 1/4 cup of Dijon mustard. Yum. there isn't enough left over for all 3 of us, so husband and daughter are having that with brown rice and a veggie. I'm going to zap up a WW turkey dinner, which, oddly, I'm REALLY in the mood for.

Have a healthy day bloggers!

PS: For any Canadian readers, have you seen the site:

www.tetesaclaques.tv

it is really funny - especially the Halloween skit!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:35 AM

    I love tetes a claques....it is huge here in quebed even the ads for Bell cell phones use it, the Haloween one is my fav too :)

    ReplyDelete