Monday, April 09, 2007

Ola Amigos!!

I am back from two lovely weeks at the Barcelo Maya Tropical Beach Resort on the awesome Mayan Riviera in Mexico. Phew! What a trip! We had such nice weather and so much nice family time. Back to reality now though! The radio said snow tonight. I fully expected to come back to spring. Oh, well.

So, I had full intentions of doing my walks while away. The only walks I did were down the beach! I'm happy to say that after 14 days of resort food and drinks (I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all inclusives!) I only gained 3 lbs. I never ate from the buffet on a plate larger than a side plate, and I never had 2nds. I did have my fair share of Ceasars by the pool though.

I have been blog reading like crazy since I got home (yesterday). Yikes. I was reading one blog in particular, where I left a comment that I would go for a walk. Well, Fatmom, I did. One hour around my drive 5.4 km. Woo, hoo. I lost some of my speed during my vacation, but I'm back at it.

Some comments from my last post were asking, commenting on the ladies curling banquet. We have a curling league for the ladies only, and they have a dinner at the end of the season. It is at that party that we will be doing our dances.

Which brings me to my next big panic. Any guesses on how much practice was done while away???????? Yowsers!!!!! I'm in trouble!

Well, I have to get about my day. My daughter has a marathon synchro practice today. She ended up with a dooser of an ear infection in Mexico, so I hope she will be able to swim!

Ugh, reality sucks!!

Have a healthy day bloggers!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for only gaining 3 lbs at an ALL inclusive!!! I went last year and gained about 6 lbs!! Keep up the great work!!
    Today is a new day!

    ReplyDelete