Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Motivation

You all know that I have been struggling with my motivation. Last night I had to be someone else's motivation. Which is really built in motivation for me.

Cousin is finally back in town. You remember she is who I am doing the Running Room Clinic with. She called last night to say she doesn't want to go tonight - she didn't run while she was away and now she is too far behind. No problem I tell her. I hate that clinic anyhow - we will just get together and run whatever she is comfortable with, 5:1's, 6:1's, she can pick. But your already running so much more than that she says. But I'm just really interested in getting out, and if we don't do this together, we won't see each other I say. Well....she says. Call me when you're home from work I tell her. I want to hear about your trip anyhow. And she said ok.

She was ready to not do it at every turn, but I didn't let her off the hook. She will feel great when we are done because she will have earned activity points, and I will feel great because I will have earned activity points. Good feelings all around.

Daughter wanted me to go to the gym with her last night - she went and swam laps. So, I ended up walking for 38 minutes on the treadmill. I didn't go super fast, but I put a bit of an incline. The gym was unusually warm. And full. I ended up earning 8 activity points yesterday. And I need them - I'm out of flex, so no eating extra for me unless I've moved my butt!

I have my personal trainer today. I normally meet with her on Thursdays, but she is a football fan, and she is taking Thursday & Friday off to watch ball. So, my muscles will be surprised for sure!

Have a healthy day bloggers!

2 comments:

  1. Good job not letting your cousin off the hook! That kind of thing can keep you going too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Look at you, Ms. Motivation! I'm proud of you! And going to the gym, too...What a good example!

    I read your comment, and I only drink when I go out with friends, but lately it seems like they are coming to town every weekend! They are all from Lubbock, Texas, and there is not a whole heck of a lot to do there, hence the non-stop entertaining when they are in town. Luckily, they will all stay home for Thanksgiving, so there's one alcohol-free weekend!

    Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and being so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete