Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Workout High.....who needs X????

Yesterday's workout put me in a great mood, I was still flying high when husband & daughter got home!


I did my 10.5 minute warm up/cool down on the elliptical (total 21 minutes), and it made my 45 minutes on the treadmill a bit easier - my thighs didn't get as tight as they did last time. I chose the elliptical with the moving arms and what a difference it made! So much easier on my knees. I don't really understand why it was different, but it was. Husband & daughter gave me good advice on that one! I'm excited also because I think that I can increase my speed on Friday a bit - I felt like I could walk faster yesterday. I think doing some of my walks outside and some on the treadmill will be good - since when I'm on the treadmill I know how fast I'm going.....


Today is the 1 hour walk with hills. Since we are expecting a high of 13 today, Synchro mom & I will be going outside and ending our walk at Starbucks. Not my favourite coffee place, but my walking partner loves it. I'm a Tim's person through and through. We are doing our walk early today, which is nice because then I have the rest of the day to do my running around.


I tried a new crockpot recipe last night. The book does not give nutritional information, but the recipe was so good. It was Easy Cabbage Roll Casserole. The only thing I changed from the recipe was I did 1/2 ground beef & 1/2 ground pork. It was so lovely. Husband & daughter both loved it, and I had enough to freeze for an easy lunch on the weekend.


Tonight I will be running to the store to get the ingredients to try Winter Root & Sausage Casserole. MMMMMMM....I hope!! Even though I don't have the nutritional information, I figure as long as I use my weight watcher serving spoons, which measure out a cup and only have one serving....


Have a healthy day bloggers!

2 comments:

  1. I think you are doing a great job with the exercise you such a saint to put up with 13 degree weather I dont see how you do it but bravo to you. Im a big fan of the elliptical/walk-run outside combo those are my two favorite exercises.

    You will have to post that recipe, sounds delicious!

    Keep up the great work!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so brave for walking outside!! I call it at anything below 25, then I walk inside instead. The cabbage roll recipe sounds yummy - could you share it with us?

    ReplyDelete