Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Elliptical Trainer

Crap. I was just trying to change the colour of the font I used for my post and I lost the whole thing. Crap, crap, crap... Eh, it wasn't my best anyhow!
Here I go again..........
So, yesterday, I went to the gym to use the elliptical. It was my cross training day. I was shocked at the fact that my heart felt like it may jump right out of my chest! Wow, what a work out.
I have only ever just stepped on the elliptical machine to try them in stores. This was my first time using one for a workout. I was only able to do 20 minutes! No resistance & no incline. I guess I have some work to do there. I figure each time I use the machine, I will try to add a minute. I would like to be at 30 minutes. I think that is long enough for a cross training session. Then I can work on hill profiles, etc.
Today is my 45 minute fast walk. That also means that I can listen to my book on iPod! Yay!! I will break my 21 minutes on the elliptical into two sessions and use that as my warm up/warm down time.
I had an accident last night with 6 spanakopitas & Mrs. Vicki's Sweet Chili chips. The spanakopitas were entirely my doing, but husband is responsible for Mrs. V - in that he brought them home! Evil bastard!!
Last night we had a power failure. Luckily, daughter had her phone alarm set, she woke us up....I, of course, was all aflutter until husband asked me what I had on the go today. I stopped, thought, and said, well, nothing. He then asked why I was freaking out. When I thought about it, I realized it was just out of habit! What a nerd.
Today will be a calorie friendly day.
Have a healthy day bloggers!

5 comments:

  1. Great job with the elliptical.. it sounds like you have a great plan on getting up to 30 min.

    Have a great walk today!
    You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how we're conditioned to be on time... even when we don't need to be! :) I love the elliptical... it's an awesome cross-training tool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you switched to blogger - for some reason that other site would block my computer from leaving comments.
    Great job on the elliptical - do your toes go numb? My toes always go numb on that thing...drives me nuts!
    I loooooooove Spanakopita - and what on earth are sweet chili chips?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, 20 minutes for your first time on the elliptical ROCKS!!! :) It's my favorite torture device LOL! Keep up the great work!

    Michelle
    http://findingmahealani.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The elliptical is one of my favorites also. I use one of the Precors at the LA Fitness I go to and have a little routine I do. I usually do 30 minutes, but sometimes do 20 or 45.
    I do 50 calories and then change the resistance or incline. My favorite inclines are 1, 6, and 20, since those are the ones the little picture says work all the major muscle groups. I start at a resistance of 6 and then gradually go to 8, 10, and 12.
    Sometimes I even go really slow and do a resistance of 20. That's a good hurt! Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete