Saturday, January 09, 2010

Zumba - and I survived to tell the tale....

I had my first Zumba class today. It was.... ok. I like it in theory, although I found it fast. This is just 'cause it is new. I was surprised at how hard it was on my knee. This will be worked around with a few modification by moi going forward. I was completely unprepared for how much I would sweat. Yowsers!! I signed up with my daughter, but she missed today and will miss next week because of diploma prep classes. It will be interesting to see her reaction to it.

No much on the agenda for today. Having my cousin over to dinner to thank him for watching our house while we were away. Chicken. Mmmmm.

Big news is that I went to WW this morning. OMG - it was so crowded!! I have no idea how much weight I gained. I weighed in backward on the scale. My reasoning was this: WHEN I lose weight this week, if I know my gain, I will think "well that was a good loss, but I'm still up "x amount" from before Christmas". This way, when I step on backwards next week and the chicklet says "You're down X" - I can think "wow - my hard work really paid off - I rocked it". I realize I'm completely insane, but...... SO I will be tweaking my weight tracker on my page - I will only report my loss for the week and not my current weight. Until I'm in a grove and feel ready to know it.

I have lots of errands to do before dinner - so short post. Have a healthy day bloggers!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your knee. People get pretty addicted to that class, though, so watch out!
    BODA weight loss

    ReplyDelete