Tuesday, January 19, 2010

sick :-(

I have a cold. Which sucks 'cause I actually have to work this week. I ended up coming home at 3:00 today and I just woke up (it is 7:00).

To give everyone a break this afternoon they brought in a sundae bar, complete with around 20 different toppings!! This is how sick I was - not only did I not have any - I wasn't even tempted. They had crushed Skor bars for one topping choice and all I could think was "right after I go throw up, I want to sleep!"

Today was supposed to be workout with weights with husband - ya, he went without me. I'm thinking tomorrows run won't happen either. Boo. I also have to find a time to weigh in this week at night 'cause WW is having a lifetime special and I don't want to miss a week and miss out on the special pricing. $14.70 is significant savings.

My group went to make lattes this morning (no one included me) and they all came back, stood back from my desk and said "We've talked about it and we think you should go home". I know they meant well, but I felt bad. I already felt like a leper with my cold, but I'm hired to work just this one week, and I really didn't think they would appreciate me not coming in - because it would mean overtime for at least two of them. Sigh. I finally did leave when I was feeling so tired I thought I would cry. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel better.

Not much else on the go. Started to watch the Golden Globes, but I found the jokes just too mean spirited this year so I turned them off. Too much nastiness in the world today to watch a bunch of dressed up people insult each other.

Have a healthy day bloggers!!

2 comments:

  1. aww honey!! i'm sorry you feel so yucky!! Hope you feel better soon:)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better, or at least start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete