Sunday, December 28, 2008

Looking Back & Looking Forward

Looking Back:
I had a good year. I have now been working out consistently for over a year. I have been including weights, which is a huge step forward for me. I have been trying to be more active in general by taking swimming lessons, joining curling teams, being part of a walking group, taking Belly Dance. Yes. I rocked it......EXCEPT, where I continued to struggle was with my eating plans. Since we all know that weight loss or maintenance is 80% food, 20% exercise...well, my weight isn't where I would like it to be. I had many plans....just didn't care enough about me to stick to them.

Looking forward:
I have taken the time to plan out the next 12 weeks of workouts. I really believe that having a workout planned works for me, because I feel compelled to do it if it is written down. On the food front...my plan of attack will be to continue with WW. It's a sound program, it works, and I'm comfortable with it. I will only make WW suppers for me & my family and I will eat out no more than twice a month. That is once per pay cheque and quite frankly, we can't afford more than that right now anyhow.

The Biggest Loser Challenge that Angie ran recap:

I sucked wind at this challenge. I had my dad staying with me for almost the entire challenge, which was a huge source of stress for me. I don't know him very well and was uncomfortable almost the entire 2.5 months. In any case I let that stress get the better of me and I was unable to make any progress at all. I used the stress as my ticket to not pay attention. Not make healthy choices. To feel sorry for myself. To remind myself that I have a father that doesn't know me, I must not deserve a healthy body. What a crock. Who got hurt there. ME. What a dumb ass I am. I am not using anyone else as an excuse for not putting my health first! I was also so embarrassed at my lack of progress, I didn't report in very often. I so hope that Angie will let me join the next challenge.

Christmas Recap:

I had a ball with my little family (hubby, daughter & puppy). My in-laws let me down, again, in a huge way. I spent a lot of time crying. Next year we have decided that we will go away at Christmas time, the 3 of us, and everyone else can do their own thing. In the end, they all do their own thing anyhow, they just won't have me to knock around. I did serve a spectacular dinner, which consisted of ham and 10 side dishes. Yum....

I went to the gym yesterday. Was supposed to do my LSD - which I had decided was 60 minutes on the treadmill. HOWEVER, I had been for a 7k walk in the a.m. with my walking group, and by 30 minutes of running, my left knee was too sore to go on. So, I walked hills for the last 30 minutes. Iced my knees for an hour when I got home, and this morning my knees felt ok. Ice does work!!

Well, that's all for now. Have a healthy day bloggers!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you rocked 2008! Sure, there is always something that you wished you had done better.. but that is what 2009 is for!LOL

    I look forward to seeing the changes you make this next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rocked in the exercise department n 2008! Now that the stress of Dad's visit and the holidays are over you can concentrate on YOU, a healthier YOU.

    You have some good plans and I'm looking forward to your updates. Don't slack off in reporting what you are doing, be it right or wrong. That's what this is for. To help us reflect on our triumphs and failures. We all have both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fatinah, of COURSE you can join the next challenge! I am not here to judge you in the way that you might think. I want to motivate you guys into holding yourself accountable by recognizing excuses where you use them. Life circumstances definitely play the biggest role in our ability to stay compliant with our weight loss plans. Sometimes there's absolutely nothing you can do about it and sometimes there is. It's up to us to decide whether something is in our control or not. That's an individual choice.

    I hope that you WILL join our next challenge. I appreciate your recognition of how challenging it is to keep everyone's stats in order and I know that you will make it all worth it in the next round because for me, if you succeed and progress in the right direction, it is all worth it for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good recap. You seem to have addressed and identified the key triggers, which should help in your future planning.

    How's you get the Nike+ updates to work?

    ReplyDelete