Friday, September 21, 2007

So long between posts....

I didn't realize it had been so long since my last post. Sheesh, time flies when you're bored!

Over the past few days I have had some great posts in my head. Now I'm sitting down to write.....my mind is blank.

I was on some vegetarian websites the other day, nosing about. I printed off the PETA vegetarian starter kit. There is some very interesting reading there. I will admit, I didn't read the "get to know your meat" pages, because, quite frankly, I like beef too much. However, I do digest my food better when I'm not eating meat. So far I've been able to do around 2 days meatless and then I have some. Like everything else, this is a work in progress.

On the weekend I am going to Chapters to look for a vegetarian slow cooker book I saw advertised. I love using the slow cooker, but my current recipe book doesn't have a ton of meatless recipes.

So, is anyone out there watching CSI still? What are your thoughts on whether Sarah will be killed off?

I sure wish Biggest Loser was on more than once a week. I love that show. Don't you all just feel so happy for the people in there "where they are now" clips, looking so proud? Oh, and I officially don't like the black team. I was happy that the red team lost the last weigh in though - seriously - those two ladies were making me CRAZY!! What was with the attitudes? I mean we all have them, but these gals have the chance of a life time.

I bought a new mock chicken product to try at lunch today. Mmmmm, pretend chicken...doesn't get better than that!

Have a healthy day bloggers!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:47 AM

    I do like CSI, but I haven't watched it regularly in a while...I've got way to much other TV to watch! I've thought about going vegitarian before, but I just love beef! I have noticed that I do eat a lot more veggies when I'm on plan. Plus, I love veggie burgers. And Gardenburger makes these BBQ Riblets, that are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love CSI... and I am kinda hoping that Sarah gets killed off because her character drives me nuts.. but at the same time I think the love affair thing between she and Grissom is kinda sweet. Next week will be good!!

    I dont believe in Vegetarian anything. I love meat too much. Not that I eat a whole steak at ever meal.. but I think every meal is balanced when it has some kind of meat/chicken/fish in it.

    Have a great Friday.. and if you get that cookbook.. share a little. I love using the slow cooker and am always on the look out for a new recipe (I might even try a vegetarian one!)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been vegan for a while... PETA has some good info if you can get over their in-your-face animal rights stuff. Anyhoo... there are some really good meatless products out there. My faves include Morningstars chicken strips and Gardenburgers riblets. I also just eat a lot of beans, tofu, tempeh and lentils. Meat always made me feel sluggish and bloated. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete