Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hmmm, what to say, what to say

I finished my vacation by the pool at my BFF's. We enjoyed spectacular weather, food and drink and more than the occasional dip in the pool. I even played my first ever game of Marco Polo. Every time my girlfriend or I got close to catching each other we would have fits of laughter that would render us unable to move out of the way. What a good time.

I ran 8 times on holidays and I was happy with my pace. All of them were around 6:40/km. I wasn't a runner (jogger) when I grew up in Montreal, so I've never run in the humidity. That was not fun. I prefer the thin air where I live to the humid air there!!

So, how to move forward from my vacation. Yesterday I walked the dog and that was it for activity. I was still kinda tired and had a really bad headache. Today puppy is at daycare getting a much needed grooming, so I might toodle out for a run. I know I will feel better once I have.

Started tracking again immediately on Monday. My body is adjusting to wholesome foods again. The family we stayed with was more into fruit than veggies. My family is really more veggie heavy. We ate a whole head of cauliflower last night for supper trying to make up our deficits!! HAHA

Not much else on the go. I am planning to weigh in on Saturday morning. I usually weigh on Wednesdays, but I need the extra days to undo some damage.
I had e-mailed Amy that I was going on vacation so that I wouldn't be dropped from the challenge but she never responded. I hope I can still report in, no matter how bad it will be!

Oh! I almost forgot! Daughter asked me if we could hire a personal trainer up at the club for her & I to workout together once a week. I told her I would do that if she would commit to workout on her own two other times per week, either up at the fitness center or swimming with my husband. She agreed!! So, as soon as she find out her schedule for work at the club teaching swimming lessons in the fall, we will be searching out a trainer! I'm excited to work with one again. I was really doing well when I worked with mine last year.

Have a healthy day bloggers!!

2 comments:

  1. Well, even if your food wasn't perfect during vacation, you should be proud of yourself for running 8 times. I think that's pretty great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:12 PM

    Oooh, that would be fun to work out with your daughter and a trainer.

    I hope you all didn't eat a head of cauliflower each. Then I would be kind of concerned.

    ReplyDelete