Tuesday, May 01, 2012

I'm Still Here!

I'm still here - still at it.  Lots has been going on.  My daughter just returned from 3 1/2 months in Thailand - she did some volunteer work and touring around.  While she was gone I decided I needed something to take my mind off her being gone so I signed up for a triathlon training class up at my club.  I participated in and completed the Mount Royal Sprint a few weeks ago!!  


I also recently went to a naturopath because my headaches have been getting worse and my stomach has been bothering me quite a bit.  Well, turns out I have food allergies.  I'm now off dairy, eggs and wheat because I'm quite allergic to them all!!  That has been a huge adjustment and it is taking a lot of time just to come up with ideas of what to eat.  The upside to it all is that my headaches are almost gone completely.  I'm just waiting to hear from the doctor about celiac disease.  


I went back to work in January.  I was able to get a position at my old company and am thrilled to be back with the old gang.  Of course - getting back into working permanently has been a change in routine.  A nice one though.


We had a scare a few weeks ago with our pup.  He got food poisoning and had to spend a night in the hospital.  It was surprisingly stressful.  I'm happy to report that he is back to his old self.  Thank God!!  Seriously - it was awful.  I ended up missing 2.5 days of work caring for him, as did my husband.  


Just a quick update for now.  Hope all is well with all out there!!

1 comment:

  1. SOOOO happy to see you show up on my phone!!! Love the profile pic. Did they seriously get those guys to sit in chairs all day long or did you get some sort of VIP pass?

    Congrats on the triathlon. That is awesome!!!! Nice that you get to work with people you enjoy working with.

    ReplyDelete