Monday, November 03, 2008

Halloween Candy and a crisis of faith....

Stupid f*cking Halloween candy! It was a thorn in my side all weekend. It is FINALLY out of my house.

I rented "Then She Found Me" this weekend, with Helen Hunt. Has anyone seen it? I quite enjoyed it. It must have been a small budget movie, but I really liked the story. I had an overwhelming urge to convert to Judaism while I was watching it. And when I say overwhelming, I mean almost all consuming.

All weekend I had been thinking I need a change. I need to change. What...me? my life? my fitness program? what?

I had started a new journal. I had browsed through my latest Yoga Journal thinking maybe I needed more quiet reflection time. This movie kind of worked it all out for me though.

No, I don't think I need to convert. I do, though, need to get back to church. I think that may have been at the root of my feeling.

Meanwhile, yesterday I had a great run on the treadmill. But, as good as it was, it wasn't as good as the run I had TODAY on the treadmill. I totally hit my stride. It felt so freakin good! I was almost the only student in swim class today. A gal showed up, thankfully, 10 minutes into class. That took some of the pressure off.

I started a new Sue Grafton book today on my iPod - A is for Alibi. I like the voice of the lady reading it. Makes my run time fly by.

Have a healthy day!

PS: Thanks for the bullet comments - won't be wasting my airmiles on those!

PPS: To Tornwardo - I'm glad that your visit with the other pup made you feel better. I think you're smart to wait a bit to get another dog - you've had a huge loss - you both need to process. I'm sure even though Serge isn't crying - he's still grieving. Plus, I think it is nice out of respect to the old pet - to let that healing happen, but also out of respect to any new pet that comes - so that he/she can make a new place in your life - not just fill an old place....you know?

3 comments:

  1. Jotted the title to that movie down. Will look for it. Sounds moving. I just might need that too.

    Glad the candy is gone!! Thank goodness I don't get trick or treaters and don't have to buy that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice that you have a chruch affiliation that you enjoy.

    Also nice that you can evict the candy from your house. Hard to do with a 3 and 5 year old but I'm working on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halloween candy is still prevelant in my apartment so until I get the balloon to make a pinata I am avoiding going home.

    ReplyDelete