Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Back from New York!

What a trip!

I can't even say more than that.

Get this: Even though I was staying in a high end, ridiculously expensive hotel, I had to pay EXTRA to use the fitness facility. Seriously! I did, however, suck it up and pay the extra charge. Twice. So, this means I didn't miss my runs! Yay!! I found it hard to run there because the room felt quite a bit more humid than I'm used to. I kicked butt anyway though ;-)

We did a lot of walking. Daughter did even more shopping. I hate shopping. The best day was the day we had a nice breakfast in our room at the hotel, shopped for only 3 hours, rested at hotel for an hour, saw Wicked (which left me speechless it was SO good), had dinner at a Mexican place beside the theatre, hopped on the bus for a night tour and retired for an early night. Life just doesn't get any better.

Kudos to New Yorkers who have made New York a very nice place to visit.

I didn't go into work today. I'm so tired. We had a long day of travel yesterday. I did go to the gym already though to get my run in. I have to go back tonight with husband (he doesn't like to go alone - poor baby). I will likely just do a leisurely bike ride while he does weights. I think next run I will up my speed. Today's run felt so good I must be ready.

I ate and made the best choices I could while I was away. I will admit to a hot dog off a cart in Central Park. Damn, it was good! Other than that, we didn't eat lunch any of the days. There just wasn't time!

Anyhow bloggers, I have lots of blog reading to catch up on!

Have a healthy day!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great trip. I always find myself having to pay for fitness at high end hotels. It's ridiculous, but I'm proud of you for doing it. As for the hot dog off a cart. I think that's a requirement of a NY visit.

    I wish my BF would only go to the gym with company. Would give me a better excuse to get in two workouts and a coaching session each day. Instead I feel guilty when I run away to break a sweat in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you had fun! good job excercising while away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I (heart) NY as well. We are going back in Jan and I can't wait. You are more disciplined food wise than I tend to be in NY...

    ReplyDelete